TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Thank you for allowing Hambrooks to provide you with a quotation for your garden landscaping works. These notes explain what you may expect from us, and what we in turn expect from you, the customer. All contracts depend upon the willingness of buyer and seller to achieve mutual satisfaction, however should any action arising from conflicting disputes not be solved amicably, the Law of England shall be used as the interpreting law. Any alteration to our Terms and Conditions must be in writing and agreed by Hambrooks.
Quotations, Acceptance & Variations
1. All quotations will be confirmed in writing on Hambrooks headed paper, and are available for acceptance within 3 months of issue.
2. Acceptance forms should please be returned signed and dated, clearly noting which elements of work are required.
3. Variations should be confirmed in writing by the customer, whereby Hambrooks will advise of any cost increases or savings. Any items not clearly stated, will not be undertaken.
4. It is the customer’s responsibility to advise Hambrooks of any mains services, such as electricity, gas or telecommunications, not buried to the statutory depth, or indeed any matter of potential concern in regard to Health & Safety, prior to our arrival on site. Hambrooks can unfortunately accept no responsibility for damage or interruption of any service of which we have not been notified in writing.
5. Unless specifically included, maintenance shall not be included in our quotation, and watering plants and turf shall become the responsibility of the customer upon practical completion of the works.
6. All dimensions shown on design plans are approximate (nominal), and drawings should not be scaled from.
7. VAT will always be shown separately on all quotations, and at the current rate.
Whilst the Contract is Running
8. Upon receipt of your acceptance form, Hambrooks will provide an approximate proposed date for the works to be undertaken, which will be confirmed prior to commencement. There may be cases such as adverse weather or ground conditions, which require us to reschedule your works. If this happens, Hambrooks will make every effort to keep you advised, but can unfortunately accept no liability for any costs incurred by the customer should this happen.
9. Works will be carried out at the appropriate seasonal time. Customers requiring works to be undertaken out of season, or in unsuitable weather conditions, are respectfully requested to confirm this in writing, as such work shall only be undertaken at the customer’s risk.
10. We respectfully ask in the interests of Health & Safety, that the customer please make every reasonable effort to remove pet faeces from lawns and borders, and to ensure access points are clear before our visit. Vehicles are ordered off the public highway at the customer’s sole risk.
Your Payments to Us
11. For under £999 including VAT, no deposit is required, however the full balance shall become payable immediately on practical completion of the works.
For invoices between £1,000 and £9,999 including VAT, a 25% deposit is payable upon acceptance of the quotation, with the balance due upon completion of the works.
For all other invoices, payment of 25% requested on acceptance of the quotation, 50% payable mid term and the balance payable on completion of the works. Invoices are payable on production.
Hambrooks’ Terms and Conditions require all invoices be settled in full on the day of completion.
12. Cheques should be made payable to “Hambrook Landscapes Limited”.
13. VAT will be shown separately on all invoices, and at the current rate.
14. Hambrooks reserve the right to withdraw from site should the payment schedule not be adhered to. Overdue payments will be subject to monthly interest of 2%. Title and ownership of materials shall not pass to the customer until full payment has been received, and the customer agrees to allow Hambrooks reasonable access to retrieve such materials in the event of non payment, should all other attempts at reconciliation fail.
Cancelling Your Contract
15. The customer has the right to cancel the contract without charge up to 14 days after receipt of the written acceptance. Cancellations made within the final 7 days before commencement of the work shall incur a cancellation charge of 5% of the agreed contract value. Hambrooks respectfully request that this be done in writing, by letter or email.
Our Promise To You
Hambrooks will make every effort to offer to you, the customer :
~ A reliable, professional and friendly service ~ Modern, well maintained machinery
~ Fully trained, certified and competent staff ~ Registered with A.P.L.
16. All plants supplied by Hambrooks are guaranteed for 3 months, on the condition that they are maintained and properly watered by the customer (see note 5).
16a. Should a replacement plant be required which is not available, Hambrooks respectfully reserve the right to provide a suitable alternative.
17. Hambrooks accept no responsibility for defects over and above plants failing to break out into leaf unless a formal maintenance contract is entered into.
18. Upon completion, Hambrook Landscapes reserve the right to pass customer details to Hambrook Maintenance Services, if they feel a maintenance contract may be of interest or benefit to the customer, unless the customer expressly declines this.
19. Hambrooks would like to bring to your attention that certain fertilisers and de-icers have a detrimental effect on concrete surfaces. Further information is available on request.
20. Some precast and natural stone products may display colour or texture variation. Hambrooks shall not be liable for any cost involved in the replacement of these products unless they exceed the supplier’s manufacturing tolerances, and where appropriate. Equally, timber products may suffer splits, deformation or colour variation as a result of weathering. Hambrooks may not be held liable for the normal, expected deterioration or variation of such products, including fading due to efflorescence, (calcium carbonate deposits).
20a. Hambrooks are unable to allow customers to pick through crates of stone to select certain products, without prior written notice and agreement.
21. Hambrooks strongly recommend the performance of regular maintenance on pond pumps, especially in the winter, to prolong life expectancy, and to prevent potential replacement costs.
22. Hambrooks reserve the right to use photographs, drawings or plans of your garden for promotional purposes, on the condition that the customer’s anonymity is preserved, and their privacy respected.
23. All timber products come with a standard 12-month guarantee, longer warranties will only be honoured where covered by manufacturer’s warranties.
24. All workmanship comes with a 12-month guarantee from project completion date.
25. Here at Hambrooks we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and provide the products and services you have requested from us. Please visit our website www.hambrooks.co.uk/customer-service/privacy-policy to view our Privacy Statement.
Thank you for taking the time to review our terms and conditions, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Hambrooks, Wangfield Lane, Curdridge, Southampton, SO32 2DA, (01489) 797752